A lot of people are wondering how to whiten your teeth naturally. Whitening your teeth naturally is probably the safest and least damaging method.
Read on to find out how to whiten your teeth naturally. We bring you tips and tricks you didn't know for sure!
How to whiten your teeth naturally?
- Rule number one is to maintain a regular dental hygiene. That means brushing your teeth at least twice a day ( after every meal is the best option ), floss and visit your dentist regularly.
- Avoid consuming alcohol, coffee and cigarettes as much as possible as they stain your teeth.
- The food you eat, has a huge impact on your teeth. For example, eat crunchy foods. They help and remove many of the sugars and chemicals that cause stains and cavities. It's the sticky foods that are stain your teeth.
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Dentist is a doctor too, right?Apples contain malic acid – a chemical used in teeth whitening products to dissolve stains.
- Vegetables like cucumbers, broccoli, celery and carrots are also natural tooth whiteners. Because they're crunchy, they get the saliva going, aiding in lessening tooth stains.
- Certain fruits have the ability to whiten teeth naturally. For example, strawberries contain natural whitening agents and are one of the popular home remedies for tooth whitening and bleaching.
- Did you know that cheese helps too? Recent studies say that eating a bit of cheese after a meal can potentially help to prevent tooth decay and promote enamel re-mineralization.
- Milk and yogurt keep teeth cavity-free, because they contain the minerals like calcium and phosphorus, which promote the remineralization of tooth enamel. If you think that strong enamel has nothing to do with white smile, you are so wrong. It is the outermost layer of your teeth and also a protectant. It determines the colour of your teeth. Consuming calcium and phosphate will help you build up your enamel and keep it strong and healthy.
- Baking soda also helps you remove the stains and make your teeth whiter. Dip your wet toothbrush into baking soda and spread it all over your teeth. Leave it on for a minute or two. Don't overuse baking soda because it can damage your enamel. Once a week is ideal usage of this product.
- You can also use 3% hydrogen peroxide (Read: Benefits of Hydrogen Peroxide Teeth Whitening). Same as the baking soda spread it over your teeth and after a minute or two washes it out. Do not swallow the hydrogen or use it too often.
So, now you have found out how to whiten your teeth naturally. Natural teeth whitening is the safest option but has in mind that it can take some time.
[sc name=”NativeShoppingAds” ]