Overview Of Eustachian Tube Dysfunction Treatment
A narrow tube having the connection with the middle of the ear is known as the Eustachian tube. This tube is generally closed. It opens while we chew, yawn or swallow. It helps the air to flow in the middle of the ear. There is the equality of the air pressure on both sides of the eardrum and also helps in hearing properly.
Eustachian tube dysfunction is called ETD. It means that the tube is blocked or it’s not opening properly. So the air won’t be able to reach the middle of the ear. The pressure of the outer part will be higher than the middle of the ear. The eardrum is pushed inward by the pressure. It causes the eardrum, not to vibrate well and be tense and sound waves by the hit. This is a great problem and so we need Eustachian tube dysfunction treatment.
Eustachian Tube Dysfunction Treatment
There are different treatments available for this disease. The treatments vary depending on the type of the disease. Few treatments are given below:
- No treatment: The mild ETD doesn’t last for a long time. It will only take a week or a few days to get cured. No specific treatment is required for the mild ETD. The symptoms will also be vanished after sometimes.
- The Air flow in the Eustachian tube: You need to get the air flow in the Eustachian tube. At first try to get the breath in. After that, you need to take the breath out. You need to keep your mouth closed while breathing out beside pinching the nose. It will help in pushing the air into the tube known as Eustachian tube. This sometimes works. It helps in decreasing the pain of the ear.
- Nasal sprays: Nasal sprays help in this type of problems. Steroid nasal sprays are suggested. It is suggested by the doctors when the problem is caused by the persistent inflammation or allergy in the nose. After several days, the steroid has its full effect by reducing the inflammation. So there is no instant relief. It will take some times. If the inflammation of the back part of the nose is reduced, the tube will work better.[sc:Right300x250 ]
- Antihistamine tablets: Doctors suggest this most of the time for reducing the inflammation or nasal congestion.
- Specialist: The best treatment of this problem is taking the suggestion of a specialist. You need to be sure about this problem. Treatment depends on the problem has caused this. It will be easier to do treatment if the actual cause is found. A specialist will know about the disease. He will also know the symptoms well. A treatment has been developed recently named as balloon dilatation. A special knows all about the recent developed treatments besides the previous treatments. So he will be able to suggest which one is the best Eustachian tube dysfunction treatment for you.
@ Doctor insights on: Dysfunctional Eustachian Tube Treatment (Read more)
Know about the ETD and get the Eustachian tube dysfunction treatment if you are suffering from it. Be conscious of the disease and learn more. Help others to know about this.