Food experts and scientists have come out to explain the benefits of taking the ground turkey.
Ground turkey is healthier that beef and also less expensive than lamb. This is evident from the following healthy ground turkey recipes.
Pasta With Turkey and Broccoli
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 pound of ground turkey
2 cups of broccoli florets
¾ pound orecchiette
½ tablespoon of crushed red pepper
1 teaspoon of fennel seed
1 pound ground turkey.
- Using the directions highlighted in the package, cook the pasta making sure that you add the broccoli in the last minutes of cooking the pasta. Drain the cooked pasta and return it together with the broccoli into the pot.
- Heat up a spoonful of oil in a large skillet over a medium to high amount of heat. Add garlic, red pepper, fennel seed and turkey and cook, while breaking the meat using a spoon, until the chicken browns up. Season the chicken by adding ½ tablespoon of salt.
- Toss the pasta and broccoli with the turkey mixture and 2 tablespoons of oil. Serve the turkey with parmesan.
[sc name=”NativeShoppingAds” ]
Turkey Empanadas With Salad
Using olives and raisins as one of he ingredients is what makes the recipe stand out with its briny of sweetness.
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 chopped onion
1 chopped clove garlic
1 teaspoon of cumin
1/3 cup raisins
3/4 pound ground turkey
4 cups of mixed greens
2 refrigerated rolled piecrusts
2 tablespoons of red wine
Thinly sliced radishes
½ cucumber which has been sliced lengthwise.
- Heat the oven up to a temperature of 375 degrees Celsius. Line a baking sheet in the oven. Heat up a spoonful of oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat. Using a spoon, break the meat up and let it cook till it turns brown.Add olives and raisins, and then season with ¼ teaspoon and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Use the turkey mixture to top the 4piecrusthalves, and then fold it in half and seal the edges. Place the piecrust a prepared baking sheet and bake it until it turns golden, probably 20 to 25 minutes.
- Toss the cucumber, greens, vinegar, radishes and 3 tablespoons in a bowl. Serve with the empanadas
Turkey Meat Loaf
A perfectly tasty meal which has been lightened up with Ground Turkey. If you prefer a smoky flavor on the food, then barbecue sauce should be the sauce to go for.
1 large egg
1/2 whole milk
1/4 cup of bread crumbs
1 and 1/2 pounds of ground turkey.
1/2 medium grated onion.
Black pepper and kosher salt.
I pound of green beans
1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
1 and 1/2 pounds of new potatoes.
1/4 cup of tablespoons of ketchup
- Heat your oven up to a temperature of 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine the egg, bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons of ketchup and milk, onions and turkey. Season the mixture with 1/2 teaspoon of pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- While on the a rimmed baking sheet, form the mixture and using the remaining 1/4 ketchup, top the mixture on the loaf. Bake the loaf until it cooks, probably for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Place the potatoes into a large saucepan having cold water and make sure that it is covered wholly by the water. Add a teaspoon of salt letting it boil. Reduce the amount of heat and simmer till it becomes very tender. Drain the potatoes after which you will be required to place them into the pot again. Add the 1/2 cup of milk, butter, and 1/4 teaspoon and then mash to the preferred consistency.
Well, the number of healthy ground turkey recipes that are there are actually ‘uncountable'. Taking turkey meat as we have seen, is far much better than taking other sources of proteins such as beef.
In the recent past, the World Health Organization has come out clearly to state that taking red meat can lead to the contraction of cancer. Well, in that case, turkey meat can prove to one of the safest sources of proteins.