Early Detection And Signs Of Lung Cancer In Women.
Image @ Lung Cancer – visual.ly
Among the other types of cancers, lung cancer has been rated the second among the deadly diseases in both the man and women. Many and many people die of lung cancer every year compared to breast, colon and prostate cancer combined. Lung cancers are easily preventable since the cause is known (lung cancer causes), it relate to smoking. Smoking being the principle cause can be stopped to prevent it. Of course, there are some causes of lung cancer but their effects are minimal as compared to cigarette smoking. Most lung cancers are first detected while in the advanced stage making them hard to cure. New technology has enabled screening for lung cancer for those people who are at very high risk of the malady. Early detection of signs of lung cancer in women can help many women to find a medication before it gets the point of no return.
Signs Of Lung Cancer In Women
Most lung cancer signs show up at an advanced stage but not for all people. There are those who show lung cancer signs in early stages. If you see a doctor at an early stage, your cancer can be diagnosed and the treatment can be more or likely to be more effective. The following are the signs of lung cancer:
- Shortness of breath, when breathing becomes difficult which is unusual it means that you are either suffering from asthma or probably lung cancer.
- Fatigue or weak, this can be caused by minimal supply of oxygen in the body to aid energy production since tumors in the lungs prevent the flow of oxygen into the blood stream.
- Weight loss and appetite, Weight loss may be due to many other changes in the body functioning, such as stress, too much working of the body or any other disease apart from cancer. Women mostly would be happy having lost a lot of weight but may be risking their life by not finding more about the weight loss. If you notice sudden weight loss, contact your doctor for a checkup.
- Persistent coughing
- Coughing that does not get away and continues to worsen means that there is a certain problem with your lungs which may be lung cancer or asthma as well.
- Chest pain can be brought about by deep breathing and coughing. Many women due to that fear of taking medicine assume that it is a typical common cold but come later to realize it was cancer after is has advanced.
The moment it develops it start spreading to other organs of the body leading to:
- Change in skin color, yellowing of the skin and eyes too which is caused by the spread of cancer to the liver.
- Visible lumps in the neck or above the collarbone, due to the spread of cancer to the lymph nodes.
- Abnormal pain in the backbone and hips and other bones
- Change in the nervous system was due to spread of cancer to the spinal cord and brain.
The above discussed signs can be associated with another disease that is why are advised to see your doctor for a checkup if the symptoms persist. Most diseases tend to have typical signs unless examined you cannot specifically tell which disease you are suffering from. Signs of lung cancer in women are the same to those of men. If you are a man and you detect one, a combination or most of the signs shown in act quickly to know the problem.
Lung Cancer: Causes More Deaths Than Any Other Cancer. (Nationaljewish.org)