Thinking about what healthy foods to buy is not an easy task. Sometimes, it can even be easily overlooked. Are you one of those women who disregard eating healthy especially when you are on a tight budget? Do you tend to buy what is readily available even if it means you are eating unhealthy foods? What if I tell you that eating healthy does not really mean you have to have lots of money? There are tons of healthy foods that you can buy on a tight budget. Some are even less than a dollar!
Healthy Foods Under One Dollar [The Cheap Life with Jeff Yeager]
Jeff Yeager tells you how to buy healthy foods on the cheap. (youtube.com)
[button-red url=”https://www.amazon.com/s/?_encoding=UTF8&bbn=16310101&camp=1789&creative=9325&high-price=1&linkCode=ur2&low-price=0.01&qid=1418373568&rh=n%3A16310101&rnid=386454011&tag=ruixinxin-20&x=4&y=8&linkId=WSY7HXOYNYIKAY2Q” target=”_blank” position=”left”]Enjoy Shopping! Grocery & Gourmet Food : $0.01-$1[/button-red][clear]
Fruits are an obvious choice when you want to eat healthily, here are some fruits that you can buy for less than a dollar per serving.
- Grapes – These are a great substitute when you have a sweet tooth, instead of reaching out for the first chocolate bar that you can get, why not freeze some grapes and munch on it instead? Grapes cost $0.75 per serving of 1 cup.
- Bananas – These are a bit cheaper, but don’t mistake they're being cheap to having no health benefits to boast. Bananas are filled with potassium and fiber and only has 100 calories. How healthy can you get? Dip it in peanut butter and say goodbye to chocolates. Bananas cost around $0.20 up to $0.50 per piece.
- Oranges – If you think that oranges are just about Vitamin C, then you are mistaken, these little buddies have giant sized benefit of potassium, folate, and fiber. Mind you, these healthy benefits cannot be achieved in orange juice. So next time, opt for the actual fruit which only cost about $0.50 each.
Of course, you cannot have a list of healthy foods to buy without vegetables in it. Vegetables are essential to everybody’s healthy diet, not just the kids. I know you heard your Mom say that a lot when you were kids “Eat your fruits and vegetables!” no matter how you hate it, hopefully, you learned to love it as you grew up. Here are some vegetables that you can try when you are on a tight budget:
- Sweet Potatoes – I know you heard them say stay off the sweets, but these sweet potatoes are an exemption. Despite their unhealthy-sounding name, they actually contain a lot of beta-carotene and high amounts of Vitamin A. These little sweeties only cost $0.50 for each one.
- Carrots – Another way to load up with vitamin A is to shoo away your rabbits and eat their food. Yes, carrots offer a lot of Vitamin A and are perfect for having snacks. Cut into strips and dip into your favorite dips. This yummy snack can be bought for just $0.50 per piece.
- Broccoli – These little green monsters as the kids call them actually has their own health benefits, apparently, each piece is known to have incredibly high amounts of Vitamin C and folate. These help reduce risks of some cancers and also heart disease. Buy these monsters-no-more for only $0.50 each piece.
Now that you know that you have a lot of choices when deciding what healthy foods to buy. Experiment on the available cheap and budget-friendly foods so you can have a healthy diet on a tight budget.
[button-red url=”https://www.amazon.com/s/?_encoding=UTF8&bbn=16310101&camp=1789&creative=9325&high-price=1&linkCode=ur2&low-price=0.01&qid=1418373568&rh=n%3A16310101&rnid=386454011&tag=ruixinxin-20&x=4&y=8&linkId=WSY7HXOYNYIKAY2Q” target=”_blank” position=”left”]Enjoy Shopping! Grocery & Gourmet Food : $0.01-$1[/button-red]